Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Salad kick

I am officially on a salad kick. I love salads. I love all the different things you can put in a salad to create something new each time. I also love to venture out and try new things. I went to the store and went all out on veggies. Then I went to get some salad dressing. I stood there for 5 minutes deciding. Its always the hardest decision ever! I grabbed some balsamic vinaigrette and looked at the ingredients. I came to the conclusion that I can make my own. I love homemade dressing a lot more than store bought.

Needless to say, I had a delicious chicken salad with all the trimmings. If you want to try out the salad dressing, I give it two thumbs up and say give it a try. I loved it!

3/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
3/4 cup olive oil
1 clove of fresh garlic chopped or pressed
1 tsp of dried Italian herbs or oregano
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

shake all together and store in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Thanks for the idea! I also love salad and how much variety you can add to it. I always feel better after eating salad too!

Jessica said...

ooh, that looks yummy! I'm on a soup kick so salads will compliment my new meals quite nicely =) Oh ya and I've gone private on the blog, not sure if you want in or not but if you do you can email me your email address. jckay84@yahoo.com

The Nicolaysens said...

ooh, that looks so good! I need to eat more salads! I'll have to try the recipe:)