Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kayaking at Owen's Beach

Marci and I went to Owen's Beach today to do some sea kayaking. What an adventure! I was kind of scared! We did some strenuous paddle strokes out in the ocean and all I saw was a jelly fish, a seal and the back of Marci's head. It was the perfect day to go out on the water. I thought we would never see the sun again since fall has begun and has been raining ever since. We had a clear shot of Mt. Rainier and the weather was great! What fun!



4 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Awesome! I've never been cayaking in Washington before. Looks like a fun adventure! Where is Owen's Beach?

Leslie Sandberg said...

Yeah it was a fun adventure...hard, but fun :) Owen's Beach is right by Point Defiance Zoo.

Jessica said...

I just went kayaking for my first time at lake chelan and my arms got so tired...it would be way more fun in the ocean though

Leslie said...

Fun! Yeah my arms were a bit tired. It was fun in the ocean...but scary! I guess there is a bit more adventure when done in the ocean.